- Provided to individuals, families,through mediation, and in therapeutic group settings. Therapy offers a variety of clinical supports.
- Offered to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault requiring supportive services such as; temporary protection order applications, court advocacy, victims of crime application assistance, and resources and referrals.
- Confidential Shelter
- Abbey’s Crossing is a confidential domestic violence shelter located in Douglas County. It can house up to 13 women and children for up to 90 days.
- The Parent Education program offers parenting classes to adults with children from ages 0-18. Each of the 6 classes covers topics such as; parenting styles, goals and mis-behaviors, encouragement vs. praise, communication, and discipline.
- Supervised Visitation
- Hopes Haven is the agency’s Supervised Visitation and Exchange Program. This program allows for non-custodial parents to visit with their children in a safe and neutral environment.
- Support for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Jessie’s Ranch will provide person centered planning and individualized services to adults with developmental disabilities.
Family Support Council is also the only Family Resource Center in Douglas County with the ability to provide emergency assistance to local residents.
They are also the only non-governmental Agency to work directly in correlation with the Division of Child and Family Services providing safety management services.
FSC also helped develop the Douglas County Mental Health Coalition and implemented the local CASA program.
The Agency supports, on average, 35 new individuals served every month.